- "Know me for my abilities, not my disability" - Robert M. Hensel
- "Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see" Mark Twain
- "Disability is a matter of perception. If you can do just one thing well, youre needed by someone" Martina Navratilova
- "I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." Robert M. Hensel
- "Children with disabilities are like butterflies with a broken wing. They are just as beautiful as all others, but they need help to spread their wings"
- "The only disability in life, is a bad attitude" Scott Hamilton
- "Different but not less" Temple Grandin
- "Dis ABILITY: Broken in Body; Not in Spirit"
- "Use their Skills: Light their Lives"
- "If there is no struggle, there is no progress" Frederick Douglass
Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA)
The Young Men's Christian Association is a voluntary, international, ecumenical movement that reflects the cultural identity of the Nation in which it exists and serves.
Started in London in 1844 by a group of young men lead by Sir.George Williams, the YMCA ideals and concepts spread to every continent of the world. Today, there are YMCAs in 130 countries, affiliated to the World Alliance of the YMCAs with its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
Established in the year1884, the century and a quarter old Madurai YMCA has a wide heritage of involvement in social action programmes with a motive to educate and empower people through its projects in and around Madurai.
To its credit the Madurai YMCA has 5000 members from all walks of life in the community of Madurai region. The affairs of the YMCA are managed by a Board of 19 Directors and the Secretariat has 6 trained professional secretaries to work the Chief Executive, the General Secretary. Services are rendered by 110 members of the staff trained for various activities in transforming more than 1500 underprivileged special children drawn from the marginalized and vulnerable sections of the society.